Friday, April 01, 2005

O.K. One more story about New York.

Ashley was telling us about these girls who decided to sneak out of the Hotel the kids were staying in and meet some New York guys at 2:00 in the morning. The point of this meeting was so they could give the guys money to go buy alcohol for them...which they did...and took it back into the hotel. Proceeded to get drunk, and of course, get caught. ( Let's not even think about how dangerous this was for these girls!)

Ashley's school is very small...and thankfully, the drug and alcohol scene is not the "cool" thing to do. Unfortunately, the sex thing is...gay or straight.

Our kids have so many things to deal with every day. There are many times when they are away from us and there's a good possibility we would never know what happened. So it comes down to choice...every day. Who are we? Who are we going to represent?

I know this is elementary, but it's good to be reminded that every day, we make the choice to serve God...or not.

I'm so proud of Ashley. I know she has a strong confidence in who she is and who's she is.

I hope today it's clear to every one around you who you belong to.

Have a great weekend, bloggers!

2 comments:

Thurman8er said...

Ugh. Don't remind me of what these high schooler's go through every day. Unfortunately, I don't HAVE to imagine what choices a kid might make if they don't have direction from God and parents. I see it all the time.

Clarissa said...

Oh, dear. One of those moments where I wish I could freeze time. My girls are 7, almost-4, and 1 1/2. My son is 6. I try not to live in fear, but I know that there will be difficult days, difficult tests for them all ... God help us as we prepare them.

Blog Archive