Tuesday, April 05, 2005

So...have I mentioned I teach the elementary and pre-school music at Mountain View Christian School?
(they are a ministry of the church...so I don't have to go far to teach...just down the hall)


Today was one of my favorite days. Pre-school day. These kids are so very cute...and honest!

I was teaching them a new song. "Create In Me a Clean Heart" hooked with "We Are Children of the King". Complete with sign language and everything.

They're priceless to watch and listen to. There's a line in the "Create" song that talks about serving God...so I asked, "does anybody know what it means to serve?" They had a few good answers and when I felt they had a pretty good understanding of it, we sang it a few more times.


Finally, one little 3 year (almost 4 year old) said...

"enough serving! I want to do something else!"


I'm sorry...maybe this should have been a moment of teaching and slight disciplining, but there was no way I was going to be able to talk over my laughter.

I don't care who you are...that's funny.


I feel just like her sometimes!

I'm an angel...good as gold...doing, doing, doing,...serving, serving, serving, and then all of a sudden, I short out and basically say to God...

"Enough serving! I want to do something else!"


He let's me...that's what is so cool. God is so very patient with me. He knows when my frail spirit just can't handle it any more and He gives me rest.

So...I asked the kids...what should we sing? We have time for one more song...

What did they say? Jesus Loves Me? If You're Happy and You Know It? I'm Gonna Tell the World about God's Love?

No Way...

One little voice said loud and clear...

"TAKE ME OUT TO THE BALL GAME!"

Oh...that is so gonna be in the Spring Program!

2 comments:

Thurman8er said...

If only, OH IF ONLY, that had been my boy.

I have GOT to get my family under control. My sister and niece root for the Yankees and my own son roots for the Red Sox!

As Brandon says, For the love.

Go read my post on Mike's site. And know that I wrote it with love.

Thurman8er said...

ACK!

You turned your own husband to the Dark Side???

Does Avery still at least root for the Mariners? Is there any sanity left at all???

("Not consistent with following Jesus" made me laugh really hard in front of a classful of wondering students.)

Blog Archive