Saturday, April 23, 2005

Let me tell you about the favorite part of my day...

About 10:00 this morning, my cell phone rings. My Avery on the other end says in a very excited voice..."we just launched, Mom!"

The rocket did what it was supposed to do. The wind was whipping...I could hear it in his cell phone. It was about 45 degrees which made it cold for those California kids. As we were talking, he said..."Oh, Mom...hang on. They're about to launch another one. Listen, Mom...they're counting down!"

I could hear the countdown in the phone...8, 7, 6,

When they got to 6, Avery started counting with them. "5, 4, 3, Mom this is so cool," he said The rocket launched and it sounded like you think it should sound. A little explosion and then the sound of it soaring into the sky. Avery giggled...

"It's through the cloud cover, Mom," he explained. "Cloud cover is at about 2000 and when it comes back through on it's way down, everybody cheers. This is so cool, Mom!"

"I love you...I'm proud of you...Have fun" I said. "O.K. I love you, too, Mom. I'll try to call you tonight" he said.

It's really a little thing...but I'm so thrilled I got to experience that moment with him.

They have more tours and experiences tomorrow and then will arrive home late tomorrow night. Thank you for your prayers.

1 comment:

Brandon Scott Thomas said...

WOW--how cool! Go AV!!!! I am so proud!

Blog Archive