Monday, April 25, 2005

HE'S HOME!!!

Avery arrived safely back home late last night. I haven't had much time to talk with him because he was exhausted and so was I. But wanted you to know he was safe and happy.

The trip was an amazing experience. One he will never forget.

Thank you for your prayers.

Finished choosing the soloists for our Elementary School Spring Program. Agonizing. That's the only word I can use. My shoulders feel like cement blocks, my neck is stiff, and my heart is throbbing for the ones who didn't make it.

I keep telling myself it's a life lesson for them all. You don't always get what you try for, but it's good you had the courage to try and keep trying.

Yesterday was a wonderful service. The music was God-led, the message was clear and applicable. Steve Thurman did a usual good job. We're so blessed in this place to have a variety of gifted speakers.

After class, Lex had the honor of baptizing one of the kids in his class. I watched as my husband stood in the baptistry and gently guided her through the process. I know he had studied with her and talked a few times, but the actual moment was beautiful.

You expect it...you've seen it hundreds of times, and yet, each time it's precious and beautiful and new.

God is so good.

2 comments:

Thurman8er said...

I was SO proud of Lex yesterday.

Before services, while Ashley was practicing her solo, I stood in the back just listening to her. I caught Lex standing behind me doing the same and I asked him, "So, how are your kids doing?"

He beamed.

We are amazingly blessed. Thank you again for praying with me yesterday. It got me through.

Brandon Scott Thomas said...

Go Lex! can't wait to see you all next week! Off to the beach for us tomorrow. R&R, baby!
Love,
BST

Blog Archive