Thursday, March 31, 2005

She's home!

Ashley had a wonderful time in New York, but there are two things she said last night that warmed my heart...
#1...after being home for about 30 minutes, in the midst of unpacking and getting ready for bed, she came and found me just to love on me and say "I'm glad to be home."
#2...as much fun as she had, (and believe me, she packed in the fun), she said "it's not a place I'd want to live" Whew! what a relief!

She was asked often "where are you from?" People confused her with a Texan. (I guess that's not all that bad) I think there was only one time the question "where are you from?" was asked with irritation and that is when she was ordering her pizza (which they ate quite a lot of there) and asked the guy for ranch dressing (to dip her pizza in, of course). He was confused and thought she wanted a salad with her pizza..."we don't have ranch, only thousand island or blue cheese"..."and you wanted a salad?"

"No, I want ranch to dip my pizza in..." Then came the irritated "where are you from?"

Needless to say, she had to eat her pizza like a New Yorker...ranchless.

The house feels different this morning...smells different...looks different. Lots of energy...lots of "product" smell...(you know, hair, body, facial products that 17 year old girls use) and a few messes here and there.

It's good to have her home.

Rehearsal last night went well. It's always nice to get together...even though we "practice"...worship still happens. It's a sweet time.

This is supposed to be my day off, but will go to church for a staff lunch celebrating a couple of our staffers birthdays. It should be fun...if it isn't, I'll make it fun.

Have a wonderful Thursday, bloggers.


2 comments:

Brandon Scott Thomas said...

Wow--you rated a comment from Randy. Lucky you. I remember when Randy was my friend. Waaaaaay back when.

I am so glad she had fun and came home in one piece.

And--hello? Being accused of being a Texan is the ULTIMATE compliment. She should be proud.

Thurman8er said...

I thought you would like to have 4 comments!

Blog Archive