Friday, April 15, 2005

It's Friday...I love Friday's. Not sure why except that it is the start of what hopes to be a nice weekend.
I love beginnings...hate endings. I love preparing for...not necessarily "doing". Anybody else feel that way?

Let me give you a couple of examples:

*Preparing for a trip is sometimes as exciting as the vacation itself. The anticipation...

*Rehearsal for our Christmas Musical is so fun...the hard work, the long hours...it's a bonding time for those involved. The actual performing is wonderful, but over so quickly...the most fun is in the preparation and the relationships that developed in the process.

*A really good book...love being in the middle of it. Hate the last chapter. It's over...

I'm sure you have some thoughts of things that are most fun preparing for, or being in the process of, but sad or depressing to end.

Maybe we can internalize that although being Godly is the ultimate goal, the best part is the process by which we arrive there. The relationships we build, the anticipation as we "become", the love of being right smack in the middle of the process.

You know...it's the journey, not the destination.
So, as we face another weekend with great anticipation of what God will do, let's just enjoy the ride.

1 comment:

Thurman8er said...

Two counterexamples from my twisted little brain:

My favorite part of the symphony is usually the crescendo of the fourth movement. It's all I can do to keep from pumping my fist and yelling, "Rock and ROLLLLL!"

My favorite part of the book is the first chapter...but also the last chapter. I have an annoying curse on me that causes me to be interrupted every time I am on the last 20 pages of a book. I have taken to waiting to finish a book until I am absolutely assured of complete quiet. There are places this can happen...we won't go into where.

Blog Archive