Monday, August 08, 2005

PISMO...
What a beautiful week we all had together. Lot's of family and friends. We had "extra" people stop by and make our week even sweeter. Our good friends, Marshall and Rachel Hamm happened to be there for a night and joined us for dinner, and another night, Ashley's friend Rebecca and her Dad (Phil) came to get out of Fresno's heat and joined us for Tri-tip and Twice Baked Potatoes. (I think that was my personal favorite dinner of the week!)

We read books, played games, walked on the sand, went boogie boarding in the ocean, ate clam chowder, swam in the pool, warmed up in the jacuzzi, slept, ate, slept, ate...

I am so grateful for that time. It is, however, very good to be home. To be refreshed and ready to take on whatever is next. It was good to sleep in my own bed last night. There's much to do today. Laundry, house cleaning, getting back to "normal", and most of all, not eating every two hours! (I ate like a pig...and enjoyed every bite!)

Today, I will be going to Berean to purchase two books. Mere Discipleship and Emerging Church. Steve, my brother, let me borrow Emerging Church but I only got through a few pages when I realized I'll need my own copy. I need to highlight and mark that thing up. So, I'll be giving his back and get one for myself.

Let me know if you've read anything good lately regarding the church, or religion in general.

I was at Barnes and Noble last night getting a couple of books for my kids (that they were supposed to be reading this summer I found out two weeks before school starts again!), and Lex found a book for me that I absolutely love! "Then Sings My Soul...150 of the World's Greatest Hymn Stories" I'm excited to share some of those with you in the future.

For now, blessings as you begin another week to serve. May you find strength and peace in a hectic world.

Isaiah 40:29 He gives power to those who are tired and worn out. He offers strength to the weak.

1 comment:

Thurman8er said...

It IS good to be home.

I knew you'd like that book. Bring it tomorrow and I'll start marking up my copy.

Blog Archive