Thursday, August 25, 2005

Last night, after an 11 hour day at the church, I still went and did my cardio and legs and abs workout. (she hasn't walked us through our chest or arms work-outs yet. Thank heavens!) Aren't you proud? I was.

However, once I fell onto the bed, I couldn't move. Couldn't roll over, couldn't breathe, couldn't move. I laughed at myself, but, oh my goodness, that hurt, too.

On the way home from the gym, I told Lex it felt like somebody took a sword and pierced my body from the front to the back. I thought he should have somehow taken better care of me. I shouldn't hurt this bad. We laughed...ouch. Then I sneezed and thought I was going to have to call 9-1-1.

The good news is, today it doesn't hurt nearly as bad as it did last night. And, I dare say I can start to see some tiny, tiny changes. My circulation is better, my complexion looks better, my eyes seem a little brighter, and I could almost swear my teeth are whiter! (just kidding on the teeth thing)

How fun it is to begin to see results. I told the Praise Team last night my goal is to be a sexy 50 year old. So, I have plenty of time to make some major changes. They responded by saying they thought I was a sexy 40 year old. Aahhh...they're so good to me.

In all seriousness, this is one of the biggest challenges I've faced in my life. It was the "thing" I had given up on. Decided it was o.k. to be the way I was and people would have to love me anyway. (and of course, they do.) Thought that I was really too late in life to become "fit" and "healthy" in body.

Isn't it wonderful to know we don't ever have to settle or think we've reached the end of our productive and growing time? (Physically, mentally, or spiritually)

We can always get better.

I think that's very exciting.

3 comments:

Brandon Scott Thomas said...

careful with the sexy 50 yr old goal. You know...bloated ego and all. Steve Klineman might find you.

Will I even recognize you in october???

I CAN NOT WAIT to see you guys!

Thurman8er said...

You must be having a birthday soon...all this talk about turning 50. Sheesh.

Generous Kitchen said...

I'm a long way from 50...just wanted to make that clear!

Blog Archive