Thursday, August 11, 2005

As I mentioned in my last blog, there are so many "things" eating at my productivity, however, as always, God has been faithful this week.

My confession of the day is that my prayer life stinks. I mean my personal-just-me-and-God prayer time. Oh, sure, I pray before every meal, I pray before and after every meeting (and there seems to have been plenty of those lately), I pray during our Assembly time, I pray before and after rehearsal with the Praise Team.

But, this morning, driving to work (I have about a 3 minute commute, and that's if I catch a red light along the way), I suddenly realized I don't have a solid, consistent, personal prayer time with my Father. Good Grief!

Now, we can justify this...our life is a constant prayer, and it really is. I see situations or people and I'll quietly think to myself "Father, Bless them", or "Father, Help them", but to offer my life every day to him in conversation is not something I do on a regular basis.

O.K. So to live a life of discipline, that's the goal for me at this point. How do we live a life immersed in conversation with God? If you have time, jot down some scriptures I can refer to that will help me. I would love to hear how you all are able to handle this particular discipline.

I should probably pull out Foster's "Celebration of Discipline" again. Once I get through the other 5 books I'm looking at right now, I'll do that!

Blessings to you.


1 comment:

Generous Kitchen said...

Thanks Randy. Your friendship is invaluable. It is so good to have this communication tool we call "blogging".

Blog Archive