Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Ow, ow, ow, ow, ow, ow, ow, ow,...

Last night, I was introduced to some muscles in my legs. Interesting we've been partners in life for 42 years, but never formally introduced. (my leg muscles and I)

We (the whole family) did leg lunges, leg curls, calf somethings, (I don't remember), squats, and some crazy machine that had me pushing some outrageous amount of weight using some muscle in my thigh I swear had never been there before, but trust me, is making itself evident this morning.

We all did what we were supposed to do. Let me tell you the best thing about last night. (aside from the end of it...) We did it all together. We laughed, cheered, cringed, and sweated together. It really was a fun time. They had a little cheerin' party for me when a bead of sweat actually rolled down my face. My son wanted to make sure it wasn't a tear, so he came over and made sure there was another bead or two on the side of my face.

I know our bodies are getting healthier, but how exciting to be a healthy family unit, too. I would recommend it to anyone, especially if you have teenagers in the house.

It's so good to have a personal trainer who appears to care deeply about your success. She is amused by us, and every once in a while, has to pull out her "tough trainer voice", (we can get a little silly...) but ultimately, I think she's enjoying the experience almost as much as we are.

Wouldn't it be wonderful in our spiritual walk to have someone beside you who said, "I'm here to push you, encourage you, hold you accountable, and cheer for you. I'm here to get you to your goal and I'm not leaving you until you reach your destination." Hhmmm...sounds wonderful. Sounds kind of like discipling...

Have a wonderful day bloggers.

1 comment:

Thurman8er said...

That's sort of how I picture the Holy Spirit oftentimes...as our spiritual trainer. Pushing, guiding, teaching, encouraging. Knowing when to gently lead and knowing when to kick butt. It's a pretty good analogy, actually. I usually find that I'm sore from the spiritual exercise too. And the longer I let it go, the more out of shape I am...and the harder it is to train back.

All that aside, I still don't think I've ever seen you sweat, at least, not when you weren't tanning.

Blog Archive