Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Abs?

So, we have an appointment tonight with our Personal Trainer to work on Abs.

Abs. Such a funny word. I'm guessing it's short for "Abdominal Muscles". Right?

I told her the last time we talked and set up this appointment, I just simply didn't have any. So there isn't really any point in me working on machines that build up a muscle that doesn't exist in my body. Right?

She put on her "tough personal trainer" voice and told me that if I didn't have "abs", I wouldn't be able to stand. Hhmmm...I do stand rather well. Strong, confident, so maybe I do have "abs".

However, in my defense, I did have two C-sections which delivered two babies both over 10 lbs, two years in a row. And, to my own personal shame, never did one sit-up or anything of that kind to try to bring back those muscles she swears I have.

My point is, this is gonna hurt. Right? There's nothing about this I'm looking forward to.

I guess I just have to rest in the fact that I'll provide great entertainment for my family as I try to run through the evil machines.

I'll let you know how it goes. But I'm not seeing rainbows and butterflies in my future tonight.

I had an ice cream discussion with our trainer. She said we can have ice cream, it's just about choices. Choose ice cream that is lower in fat and sugar instead of the high fat (good and delicious) kind. I asked her, "O.K., now tell me, have you ever tried Ben and Jerry's Coffee Heath Bar Crunch Ice Cream? Because I'm betting if you have, you wouldn't be talking this nonsense about low fat/low sugar ice cream."

She said she had tried all the Ben & Jerry's ice cream available and still prefers to eat lower fat/sugar choices because it's better for her and she feels better because of it.

Strange little 100lb girl.

I wonder if I'll ever say such words as that.

Have a good evening, bloggers.

3 comments:

Brady said...

Good job on the workouts. Not only are you getting into better shape, but you're meeting new people. That's great.

The other day, just before going out for a run with Steph, she said, "I can't believe I'm already sweating." I reminded her she'd just done 100 sit-ups. Show off...

Generous Kitchen said...

Ugh! 100 sit-ups?!


Someday maybe I'll be able to say that.

Thurman8er said...

We went out to the new Ben and Jerry's by us the other night for Susan's birthday. They were, are you ready, OUT of chocolate chip cookie dough vanilla ice cream!!! For the love (sorry, just came from Brandon's blog).

So I pouted and went home.

Blog Archive