Thursday, March 09, 2006




This vacation stuff is glorious.



O.K. I've really only been home. I've not been to Cancun, the Greek Isle, or Bahamas.

It usually takes me about a week to become fully detached from work. It's been a week. I'm beyond detached! I'm giddy...

Home is wonderful. I've loved being here. Lex called the other day to see if I wanted to meet him somewhere for lunch...something I normally would have LOVED doing. I surprised him as well as myself by saying I just wanted to be home. Didn't want to go anywhere.

Baked some cookies yesterday for a friend who had surgery 2 weeks ago. Thought she might be up for some oatmeal raisin specialties...iced with a scrumptious glaze, of course! So, last night I packaged up three plates of goodies. Avery took one plate to the neighbors and Lex and I took off to deliver the other two.

As we were driving, Lex got a phone call that his grandmother had just passed away. We've been expecting it, but none-the-less, it's strange to actually get the call.

"You o.k?" I asked.
"sure...it's better" he answered.

We continued on toward the goal of delivering our plates of love to those who mean a great deal to us.

I thought how strange it is that someone can actually pass from earth and we just continue driving to deliver cookies. Seems like something should happen, but what?

We had a wonderful evening together, Lex and I. We talked and laughed and enjoyed our friends.

My phone rang and Ashley said she was going to bed...she had to be up early for a journey to Sacramento today. Said good night and she loved me. It made me want to quickly get home and hug and kiss my girl.

We made our final stop at the grocery store for milk and hurried home. It was good to be home again...Avery curled up in a chair with a blanket watching the end of the newest released Harry Potter DVD and Ashley in her bed almost asleep. I bent down and kissed her sweet cheek and neck taking in a deep breath. I don't ever want to forget that sweet smell of my children...even when they aren't in my home any longer.

I don't know what will happen the moment I pass from earth...probably people will go on about their business and hopefully think sweet things about me. I do know, though, that I am enjoying every second filled with millions of blessings while I'm here.


3 comments:

Brady said...

What is left when we are gone is a big, huge, giant question that spins around in my thoughts.

Where's that picture of the Swiss Alps?

Thurman8er said...

Envy is bad. Envy is bad. Envy is bad.

Oy, I need a vacation.

cwinwc said...

Sorry to hear about Lex's loss. The push of time and schedule has little regard when one of us passes from this life. That fact caused a great deal of anger in me when my father passed away in 88.

My son loves Harry Potter as well. We're going to have to buy (Goblet of Fire?) that DVD this weekend.

Enjoy the time and the freedom to minister.

Blog Archive