Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Back to work today.

Sitting at my desk.

Very strange.

Time away was wonderful.

I cooked
Not only washed the laundry, but actually folded it and put it away.
Enjoyed being there when my kids came home from school.
Cooked some more.
Read
Slept
Enjoyed T.V.
Enjoyed quiet.
Cleaned one cupboard in the kitchen. (only because when I opened it, everything came crashing out and it just irritated me enough to clean it.)
Enjoyed staying up late on Saturday night.
Enjoyed having people over to eat on Wednesday night.

But today, I need to remember what it feels like to focus on work. Honestly, very hard to do.

O.K. I didn't work out, I didn't clean all the closets, and I didn't abstain from all things yummy, BUT, I did learn how to relax again. How to take the day as it comes instead of directing and controlling every issue. How to sit up late under blankets watching a movie on Saturday night with my family. (By the way, Chicken Little broke my heart. Anybody else feel that way about poor little misunderstood Chicken Little?) How to really enjoy being home. It was a good time for me.

My challenge will be to continue to enjoy (while working) the things I enjoyed while not working.

Blessings.

4 comments:

cwinwc said...

I know what you mean Sandra. We're on Spring Break right now and have enjoyed all the things you mentioned during our time (switch cleaning cupboards for baseball games) off. Not looking forward to Monday.

Forgive me for being a bit childish but I have to say this about Randy:
Randy has a template obsession, Randy has a template obsession, Randy has a template obsession, nah, nah, na, nah, nah.

Thurman8er said...

Randy has a template obsession.

I'm glad you're back. I have a week to go until my own time off. Can't wait.

Brady said...

Glad you're back. Now, what's the schedule for this summer?

Love you.

Generous Kitchen said...

Brady,
Hot weather, great food, tons of laughter. Glad you'll be here to enjoy it!

Blog Archive