Monday, March 27, 2006


















So...the boys went to Las Vegas for the WORLD MONSTER TRUCK FINALS.

Not just the State Finals, not even the National Finals, but the WORLD Finals. They had a blast.

This was Avery's 16th Birthday present...but he had to wait a long time to enjoy it. His birthday was in June and it's now March.


When I bought the tickets in June, the stadium was selling out fast. Can you believe that? They had great seats and had a particularly wonderful guys weekend.


Ashley and I had a wonderful time together doing girlie things. We went Prom Dress shopping, looked at jewelry, went to a yummy lunch, and rented Chicken Little. It was so good to have her all to myself. I realized, again, what a pleasure she is. She is very funny and fun to have around. We usually don't have a full day to spend together and I considered this weekend a real treat.

We went to church Sunday and led worship and then headed to a 50th Wedding Anniversary celebration. Isn't that amazing? 50 years.

The boys returned home last night and today was a regular Monday. Everybody back to their respective jobs/schools.

What a nice break, though. My family is a treasure...an absolute treasure.

By the way, Ashley received her acceptance letter to Pepperdine today. She called me screaming...very excited. Now all we have to do is find a way to pay for it!

Blessings.






5 comments:

Brady said...

Is that really a sport? And is it practiced internationally? Quite amazing.

Congrats on the Pepperdine thing. They're starting soon a program in/around Lausanne

cwinwc said...

Sounds like you and Lex practiced the family virtue of dividing and sharing this past weekend.

Ditto to Brady's "congrats on the Pepperdine thing."

Thurman8er said...

I called to congratulate the girl last night but, wonder of wonders, she wasn't home. I'm so proud of her.

Hey, maybe Lee and Sue can pay for her. Wait no, they need to pay for James.

Brady said...

Lee and Sue have three OLDER grandchildren already in line.

No, wait, they're still paying off the 2nd morgage for the triplets' Pepperdin Experience.

Wendy Power said...

I remember when I got my acceptance letter - on April Fool's Day. I did a lot of screaming too. Congratulations, Ashley!

Blog Archive