Monday, January 02, 2006

How can something so wonderful and beautiful be so disgusting and irritating to me now?

I stand looking at this tree that a couple of weeks ago I was so proud of...ick! Somebody get rid of it!

I look outside and see the lights my son so proudly displayed and I'm ready to scream...put that stuff away!

I guess it's the same romantic feeling you have about your spouse when you first meet...it's wonderful how spontaneous and flexible they are, and then 19 years later, it irritates you that they don't live by a "plan"...that your future isn't mapped out perfectly. Same person, just different expectations.

I'll tell you one thing I'm so grateful for:

God continues to amaze me and overwhelm me.

He continues to draw me closer and gives me just enough for the moment until I'm ready for more. He is indescribable. He is all sufficient. He is God.

So, when my dissatisfied heart looks around and seems to see only stuff that irritates, overwhelms, and flusters me...I look to the foundation of my soul and feel peace.

I'll get the tree down. Avery will take care of the outside lights...another year will come and go...but God is God and for that I am so grateful.

2 comments:

Brady said...

We went out and bought new archive boxes for the decorations. Now things can be put away. We use the SAME tree every year, and it is NOT looking better.

Loved my WF for today: detuxeap

cwinwc said...

In Christ, our celebration goes on for the whole year. As for the tree and lights I'm the Clark W. Griswold of our neighborhood until after Christmas Day. Then I'm ready to get the stuff down and up. Nothing more pitiful than a Christmas Tree after the presents have been unwrapped.
nzktv (news on television station KTV)

Blog Archive