Friday, January 27, 2006

A few days ago, Tuesday to be exact, it was Lex's Birthday!

It's not that we didn't celebrate, although it was just Lex and I at home as the kids were still in Abilene, it's just that we celebrated quietly.
I asked him if he wanted to go to a movie and dinner that night and he was agreeable. Then, as I know he's been wanting to see Narnia, I assumed that would be the choice of movie. His response to that was, "I can't see that without the kids..."



So, we saw something else and then went to a late quiet dinner after the movie. It was a very nice time together. But, tonight, we have tickets to see Narnia...with the kids...
It will be nice to be together...the four of us.

As I said at the beginning of this school year, I'm so aware that my time with this little family unit is short lived. Is that to say we'll never be together as a foursome after the kids head off to college? Of course not. But it won't be the same.

So, tonight, we'll enjoy some time together. The four of us. We'll laugh, talk, watch a good movie together, probably even fuss a little bit...and it will be wonderful.

I tease Lex that he will never really grow up...that on a good day, he's about 12, but his normal attitudes and activities involve those from about an 8 year old boy.

He's fun, and silly, and sweet, and innocent, and doesn't mind spontaneity!

Lex is one of the best father's I've ever known. He is extraordinarily devoted to his children. He loves them with a selfless love...provides them with constant hugs and tackles and sweet touches. Showers them with praise of things he's proud of them for...and, reminds them every night as he prays with them before bed, who he serves.

Lex is a great man. I'm blessed to have been chosen to partner with him in this life.

4 comments:

julie said...

Happy Birthday Lex! I know we have only talked a few times but it always warm and open conversation...have a great year!

Thurman8er said...

It only seems as though we have forgotten Lexie Lou's birthday.

Oh no. I have plans for him. Only they involve having a house.

Brady said...

Happy birthday to Lex and hope the Narnia was great. Went with 4 10 year olds from church and they thought it was great. Hey, I thought it was great.

Hope you have many more years, Lex, all for the Lord.

cwinwc said...

Happy Birthday Lex from the "right coast."

Like Randy, I found the Lex/pigeon picture interesting.

Enough from the "peanut gallery."

God bless both of you.

Blog Archive