Wednesday, February 01, 2006

I spent last weekend (Friday - Tuesday) in Nashville. I was honored to be asked to join the ZOE Planning session.

I don't know about you all, but to sit at a table with Randy Gill, Jeff Walling, Larry Bridgesmith, Brandon Scott Thomas, Mike Cope, John York, Greg Taylor...yikes. I had promised myself I wouldn't talk. Just listen. I did o.k. with that for most of the first night session. But by the next day, I discovered they are just people. Plain old very smart deep hearted people. So, I talked. Bless their hearts. They were gracious with me.

I'm excited about what this next conference will look like. Although there isn't an absolute title yet, we will be talking about intimacy with God. What does that look and feel like? And, how do we achieve that?

Obviously, there's more to it than that, but that's the jumping off point.

The special speaker this year is Lauren Winner. To see more of her, you can jump to Mike Cope's blog. He has a link in his Feb 1 entry.

It's good to be home.

3 comments:

Karen said...

Oooooh, I would have loved to have been in on that! I am already making plans for next year's conference.

cwinwc said...

Perhaps an answer to the question (Why do some brothers and sisters in the Lord not serve in the Kingdom?) I posed on today's blog would be to inspire folks to be (more) intimate with God? Sounds like next year's conference is off to a good start.

Thurman8er said...

I think I need to check out some of Winner's stuff before the conference. I looked at her blog a bit, but I need to read a book or two. There's always room on the stack.

I love you and I'm very proud of you.

Blog Archive