Friday, December 02, 2005

People handle many things at once all the time. "Multi-tasking" is an often used word these days. To be able to talk on your cell phone, answer an IM (Instant Message) on your computer, apply mascara, and fold a load of towels at the same time is just the norm in this crazy world.

But, as Steve mentioned in his last comment on my blog, I am trying to do many things at once and do them to a degree of excellence that probably isn't possible. Although, I'll die trying.

The weekly worship time is taking more and more time and effort because God is showing us (the Worship Committee) more and more ways to be effective...which takes more thought, more preparation, more phone calling, more set up. It's wonderful.

The Christmas Musical is outstanding. Not because of me, but because this church is full of gifted people who don't mind giving of their time and talents to put on a great production. However, the time thing...oh my...it takes heaps of time.

The ZOE West Coast Conference is coming rapidly. January 20 - 22 is the conference. If you're able, you will be blessed to be here. Greg, you need to come! I know you've gone to Nashville for it, you could at least come this far! If any of you are able, in all seriousness, you will be blessed beyond your greatest imagination. For more information, or to register before the early registration deadline, go to www.zoegroup.org

I'm teaching a 3 session (which translates to 3 hours and 45 minutes) class this year (which is also taking special time and prep) at the Fresno conference titled "Worship 101". Basically, how to get started. What to do if you're a small church, or a church just beginning to look at praise teams, different arrangements of songs, new songs, new ways to present, etc. Some churches have jumped on this "contemporary or emerging" worship years ago and are so far out of reach of some smaller or just starting churches, it frustrates the people trying to get started. We need to always have a beginning class. Similar to our Sunday morning assembly time. What if we started 40 years ago teaching and progressed from there and never went back to teach the basics? Obviously, we would lose people.

Anyway, then there's the women's retreat in February that I'm leading worship for that has some specific needs.

Along with that, as I've told you in a former blog, we've hit "blips" in the Henderson household and seem to continue hitting them. Some of you may know them better as meyluz OR hmkkyzm, but whatever you want to call them, they're time consuming and overwhelming and require daily prayer and a check of faith.

(anybody want to congratulate me on my first word verification use?)

So, I do apologize for the long periods of absence. Your comments are so precious and important to me. I appreciate you continuing to check my blog. I will try to set aside time more consistently.

Pray for my family. My husband is not totally healthy, in fact, he's a mess. My sweet daughter is in over her head with school and college prep. She takes the SAT Saturday morning, and my Avery is back on the NASA rocket project this year and is the lead guy.

Bless you...

4 comments:

julie said...

I am praying. You and Lex have touched me in many ways. I know that life can throw us some surprises but you have lots of support...near you and far away.

cwinwc said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
cwinwc said...

Sandra - a prayer for you, Lex, and the "kiddos" just went up.

Also, I wish I could come west to meet you and Steve. Not to mention the fact that I would love to attend your class! It was that kind of class that 10 of us made the trip from Florida to Nashville for only to find it wasn't being offered.

Our church still uses one "song-leader" but we are ready to begin the baby steps towards a "Praise Team" model. We need some wise advice. Hope your tapes are available.

We're glad your back. We were all feeling uzmgg without your posts.

Brady said...

I'm glad you are busy, using your talents for God and for good. And I know you're seeking balance.

Please don't worry about NOT writing. Do it when you can and don't worry, be happy. And drink a big glass of zpqbpbj on the rocks.

Blog Archive