Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Those of you who read my blog regularly remember around the first part of November I said that the Henderson house had hit a blip in the 'ole radar. I told you I could explain later, but asked you to pray in the mean time for our family.

Along with a receptionist, a marketing gal, and a guy or two from the warehouse, Lex was "let go" from his job. In California, we have this thing called "at will". Some other states may have it but I know CA does because the last two employers of Lex has used it. What it means is that they can fire you for no reason. Basically, you're costing them too much money or they are just tired of looking at your face or whatever...they can fire you for no reason.

Now, those of you who know Lex know he is about the hardest working individual there is. He never misses a day of work, is always on time, always stays late to finish whatever needs to be finished, and always has a positive attitude.

This one hurt. He was so discouraged because all the customers he dealt with loved him. The reps in the other parts of the country would call and only talk to him. They had shining letters in his file from people so pleased with his service. So, what happened?

We're not positive what happened because they don't have to tell you...but I'll give you my personal "take" on it:

Lex's blood pressure was through the roof. He was working himself into a slow death. He was sleeping an average of 3.5 - 4 hours a night. He would never have quit...it's not the thing to do when you're supporting a family.

So, was Christmas tight? Only financially. Otherwise, it was beautiful. Is it hard to pay all the bills this month? Sure...but what's new about that. I can cut back.

Here's the real test...
Does my husband love me?
Are my children healthy?
Do I have friends that love me?
Am I headed for heaven?

Here are the answers...
more today than yesterday
healthy and Godly
more than I can count
ABSOLUTELY!

So, thanks God. Once again, you saved us from ourselves and helped us see what is most important.

P.S. After about 6 weeks, the motorcycle shop put him on full time as their Service Manager. He'll enjoy that until something better comes along...


3 comments:

cwinwc said...

Wow. Sorry to hear about Lex's job. It does seem that the Lord has closed a door but has opened your heart even wider. What an encouragement you are to all of us Sandra.

We lift you , Lex, and the kiddos up in prayer.

Brady said...

Sorry to hear about the loss of the job.

Glad to know that he still loves you.

cwinwc said...

Hi Sandra.
I'm back.
Check out my latest blog.

Blog Archive