Monday, December 12, 2005

It is the week before the big Christmas Musical! Very exciting. We had a great rehearsal last night thanks to our amazing "tech team".

Last Sunday (the 4th), we had every imaginable problem with every imaginable thing imaginable! It was deflating, scary, frustrating, and necessary.

When we have rehearsal times like that, it forces me, once again to say..."Oh...yes...God, you are in control of this!" So, all week long I gave it up over and over and over. I'm a slow learner. Or, maybe God just sees me as teachable. That's a good thing. I don't ever want to think "I got it".

But last night was beyond us. It's so exciting to see God equip people to do things beyond what we could have done alone or without Him. It's a wonderful lesson for all involved.

I had the privilege of attending 3 concerts in the past week for my daughter. She plays French Horn, so there was the Wind Ensemble concert. Beautiful. She performs vocally, so there was the Vocal Jazz concert. Very entertaining. And, of course there was the proper Chamber Choir concert. Very impressive. I sat there realizing I've been watching some of these kids for as long as I've been watching Ashley. Some of those big strong young men started with her in elementary school and have continued together...bound together in their love of music and performing and learning. O.K., yes, I cried a bit. It's something to see these young people stand so tall, confident, and accomplished. These people have spent time in my home, slept on my couch, eaten my cookies/brownies/homemade mac'n'cheese...

I was very proud. Proud to have the daughter I have, proud of her choice of friends, proud to have been a part of their development in a tiny way.

As her Senior year approaches the half way mark, I'm proud, sad, proud, sad... But, mostly proud.

This week is also Finals for both my kids. So, pray for us this week. I am obviously deep in Christmas Musical prep, but my kids need a mom who is calm and supportive and nurturing. That's my first responsibility. Help me keep that focus this week.

Blessings to all of you!

4 comments:

Thurman8er said...

7:06??? I thought I was doing pretty good!

You are a great mom. Thank you for your constant, calm presence. Even in elders meetings when I just want to choke some people.

Oops. Was that out loud?

cwinwc said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
cwinwc said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
cwinwc said...

Why do I have this urge to bark like a dog?
Sandra, hang in there and keep those elders meetings on track. Goodness knows they (and I) need it.
uvojalk (for Steve) Long lost son of Yoda.

Blog Archive