Tuesday, December 27, 2005

It has begun...a little earlier than usual, but begun it has!

It's the "waking-up-at-crazy-hours-of-the-morning-unable-to-go-back-to-sleep-before-ZOE" time.

This morning my eyes opened at about 4:20. Totally wide awake. My brain going 100 miles per hour about all that has to be done before and to prepare for the ZOE Conference.

So, since it is almost 9:00 pm, I am going to call it a day.

I've learned to just go with it. I will wake up, there is nothing I can do to stop it. It's like telling your brain not to think. It just doesn't happen.

But here's the kicker...I hate to be awake alone. So, poor Lex gets to hear all my thoughts at crazy hours of the morning.

It's at times like that I realize God knew exactly what He was doing when he placed us together. Lex is a wonderful partner. Supportive, patient, understanding, and always on my side. So, on those days when I think, "hhmmm, he could be a little more romantic", I'll stop and remember that I've been waking him up just so I don't have to be awake alone.

Blessings to you all...

2 comments:

cwinwc said...

Thank God for our spouses who listen to us when we can't sleep and they want to.

I echo Greg's thoughts. Memo to College Church Elders - Send Sandra and Lex on the cruise of their choice.

The bottle of tpdpclcg is on Greg.

Generous Kitchen said...

Sweet Cecil...you're so funny! Do you know any Elders who would say to one of their ministers "Hey, you seem to be working too hard, maybe you need a break?!"

I happen to have sweet wonderful Elders that I have the privilege of working with/for, but even they wouldn't tell me to take time off.

Blog Archive