Tuesday, December 20, 2005

There were moments on Thursday night and Saturday morning that I doubted the Musical would come together. I thought things like, "well, that's o.k., it will be o.k., the audience won't realize it if we blow it here or there..."

Ultimately, I knew God was in charge. I prayed for each heart that would participate, each voice to be clear, each person present in the audience to have a soft heart receptive to what God wanted to share with them during that hour. I prayed that the sound and video equipment would hold on and not throw us any curves. But above all, I prayed that God would be glorified and honored in what was going on.

The sound guys were flawless.

The children were adorable and sang "Hallelujah! Hallelujah! Hallelujah! Your love makes me sing!" with all their heart and voice.

The narrators said their words with precision and passion.

The singers were beautiful both in voice and heart. (and looked like a million bucks on top of it all!)

Every soloist did their very best.

But, above all, I believe God was pleased, honored, glorified.

Somebody said it was so fun to watch us all love each other through song. They said that our unity and support for each other is encouraging and blesses them as well as our obvious love for the Creator. That's a compliment. Because ultimately, what are the two greatest commandments? Love God, Love each other.

So, beyond all the good that happened, the success comes through in our love for God and each other.

Thank you for your prayers. I wish you all could have been here.


5 comments:

cwinwc said...

What a complement – to have audience members realize that those who are trying to bless them through their gift of praise and performance, are in turn blessing each other. You must be blessed to be part of such a special group of folks. How could God not be anything else but glorified through your efforts.

Do you get a little break before you have to take on the Zoe Conference? Hope so. You deserve it.
Take Lex and go hidhe somewhere.

Generous Kitchen said...

No break for me, Cecil...ZOE and musical actually overlapped last week. Thought I would lose it a couple of times! But, fortunately, God sustained. Now, it's just ZOE. Whew!

Thurman8er said...

As somebody who WAS at the musical let me just say that I was impressed as ever by the talent we have in our church.

Brady said...

I've been waiting for this post. Talked to Dad and Mom and they said it was wonderful.

That's good. We love you much! Merry Christmas!

Dan Dalzell said...

Sandra, sounds like you all had a great show and a loving, positive experience through it all.

Now rest and enjoy your Christmas!

Blog Archive