Wednesday, April 08, 2009

What Would I Do Without Him?

I was singing at a funeral this morning.

Funeral's are typically at the church building, sometimes a grave visit is required, but usually, just a Memorial at the building.

But today, we were going to a Funeral Chapel downtown...

Let me stop here and just tell you that downtown and I don't get along at all. I'm horrible, directionally speaking.

So, I did what anybody with a directional challenge does, I checked with Google Map, printed directions, asked the new preacher if he knew where he was going, (he assured me he did, which was such a relief because I didn't know what to tell him), and took off...in plenty of time...just in case.

I am the person who goes the wrong way on One Way streets downtown. I'm the woman who ends up in some alley by some strange turn of driving errors. I'm the girl who has been known to get out of my car and ask the homeless person how to get back to the Freeway going North, please! (I gave him a couple of bucks for his time, of course!)

So, armed with Google Map...I had a tiny bit of confidence this time. And you know what? Google Map did me wrong! Really! The directions were wrong! I'm sure it wasn't me...seriously...I'll post them so you can see for yourself~!

As I'm driving in a part of the city I had no clue about, I did what I always do when I've exhausted all my resources of handling it myself...I called my husband.

He answered on the second ring...fortunately. "I'm lost," I said.

I told him the street I was on and the one I had just crossed. "Oh," he said. "Look to your left, there will be a big red building with columns. And now, you should be going under the overpass and turn right on 'R' street. That will take you to Tulare and then you'll turn right and the Funeral Home will be on your left."

What a showoff! The funny part is that when he told me to turn right on Tulare, my response was..."Are you sure? It feels like I should turn left!"

Seriously, will I ever learn?

I love that man.
Blessings!




2 comments:

Brady said...

Always, ALWAYS listen to Lex. Unless he says something like: Honey, it's not loaded… Or, Those things don't even have stingers…

Julie said...

Yes, I went downtown for the first time today. I was going to talk to the Fresno County of Ed. people right across from the courtyard. On the trip down the GPS took me in a non-highway way which took me through lots of neighborhoods that were new to me. The way back was the "ignorance is bliss" highway route that lots of us like to take, where none of that other stuff was visible. Hey, I bet there's a blog there somewhere...