Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Idol Mania

We usually begin the American Idol season watching the auditions in various cities. I love it when some unexpected something comes out of the mouth of one of the 100,000 or so trying to get on the show. I love the good, others in my family love the bad and the ugly. That part of it just makes me very uncomfortable. It's hard to see someone's dreams shattered with a word. (usually from Simon)

Typically, we fall out and end up watching again when they are down to the final 10 or 12. But this season, we've stayed with it and really enjoyed the amazing talent being displayed.

However, I need to know...Am I the only one wondering what happened to Lil? She was the one to beat. She was the "way ahead of the pack" front runner that I really thought just couldn't be touched. I was positive she would be the next American Idol, or at least the top three. Something has disconnected her from the music. She's a performer...and her vocals are good...but something is disconnected and I can't figure out what happened. Maybe she misses her family. Maybe it all became too much for her. Maybe she just wasn't as deeply good as we all thought. Shallow good gets you in the door, but deeply good is necessary for the long haul. Bless her. My heart aches for her every time she sings, thinks she's knocked 'em dead, and all four judges just shake their heads.

Kris, coming on strong. Danny, just sweet and solid. Adam, well, you either love him or hate him. I, personally love him. It's definitely a "guy idol" year again.

So, my prediction, because they must send two home tonight is Lil and Anoop.

But, either way, this has been an amazing year for talent, in my humble opinion!

Blessings!


2 comments:

cwinwc said...

I think the real contest is for runner-up because Adam just seems to be on another planet and everyone else is still trying to get off the ground.

But I do agree that overall the talent is the best it has been in years, maybe the best. Bad luck for the rest that they would pick a year with Adam in the competition.

Thurman8er said...

Good call on Lil and Anoop. I've left the Danny bandwagon...one too many nose squints and heart-shaped hand signals.

Adam is a phenomenal talent. He should probably win.

But I'm rooting for Kris. He's the only one out of all of them I'd like to hang with. He seems like a solid guy. I love Allison too, but mostly I think because she could be one of my students.