Monday, April 27, 2009

Sweet Sunday

Sunday is my favorite day. I've said this before but it's worth repeating.

There are things about Sunday that are precious to me...some are obvious (worship, study, communion, fellowship, laugh, cry together), and others are just my own personal quiet "favorite" things that I don't necessarily need to say out loud.

In the middle of the week, I decided it was time to ask some "extra" singers to join us on the last song...the "blessing". So I sent out a quick email wondering if I would get much response.

The result was a stage full of wonderful singers with amazing hearts singing the "hymnbook version" of the Hallelujah Chorus! We also had our resident "signer" singing along with us using her hands instead of her voice. These folks arrived at church an hour and a half early (7:30) to rehearse. It all went so smoothly, I kept wondering if I had forgotten anything. What a blessing it was for all involved, as well as the church!

So, sitting at lunch with my husband yesterday, I mention how unusual it is that it is just he and I at lunch. Son had something to do right after church, and we didn't go with, or ask, anybody else to join us. I was saying how nice it was...he mentioned that it would be that same way tonight. ??? I was confused. He has "Dinner and Devo" with the Youth Group every Sunday night rain or shine! He loves their time together on Sunday nights and I thought he was losing it as he said we had the night to ourselves!

But, to my surprise, he had tickets to the Revive, Brandon Heath, Third Day concert and had found a substitute to take care of the Youth Group! Wow! What a great concert! What a great day! Full of fun surprises!

..............................................

On a side note, congratulations to our friend Bear Pascoe. Our sweet football players across the street are growing up and leaving the nest! Bear was drafted in the 6th round to play for the San Francisco 49ers as a blocking tight end. He's a sweet boy and I'm happy for him...he wanted to stay close to home and I think that's about as close as you can get and still play in the NFL. We will continue to pray for him as he adjusts to a new life.

Blessings!


No comments: