Wednesday, February 15, 2006

...so Valentine's Day. Was it a good one for all of you or is it just another day?

My daughter went to dinner with a friend of hers which left lex and Avery and I. Once Lex finally got home from work, we tried to decide what to do. It's the dream of most women that the man will actually have a plan, but we really don't expect it. Just hope for it.

On a side note, Lex was late because a technician was rear-ended on a customers brand spankin new chopper while test driving it to make sure it was all in good working order...had to wait for the police, file a report, take the technician to the hospital to get checked out, etc. After he told me, I asked if everything was o.k. and his answer was, "Yes, we just had to take the fender off the back and the front tire is bent a little." I meant the technician...is the technician o.k. Men...

Anyway, the boys finally decided on the noisiest sports place you can possibly go. It wasn't too crowded (compared to everything else in town). This is the place where the noise makes it virtually impossible to have a conversation. Must be why the boys like it. There are T.V.'s everywhere. Huge T.V.'s. However, the food is good and on a busy day, it wasn't bad to just go, eat, not talk, and zone out watching multiple T.V.'s.

The fun part is that Avery drove us. He is the most cautious driver I've ever seen. Very sweet.

I was in my room at the end of the night almost asleep...the T.V. was on, and Lex was sitting beside me. I remembered there were clothes in the washer that needed to be dried or hung to dry. Delicate stuff...

I looked at him and said, "You know, if you would take care of the clothes in the washer, it would totally make up for the lack of jewelry and flowers."

He rolled his eyes and went to take care of the clothes. I fell asleep.

I'll bet men hate Valentines Day.

4 comments:

Thurman8er said...

Bulldog Grill, huh? I hate that place. The food IS good though.

Brady said...

Randy and Greg are so RIGHT ON!

cwinwc said...

Sandra - We had a similar Valentine's Day here in slightly warmer Florida. I ended our romantic evening by telling my "turtle-dove" that I would make the coffee for the morning. I know, I'm a classic bzqdvdt kind of guy.

Dan Dalzell said...

Lani and I got a chuckle from reading of your V-Day experience!

Blog Archive