Tuesday, February 14, 2006

I LOVED Valentines Day as a kid. Elementary school. You get to make your "craft" bag that will hold all the valentines the other kids will give you. Tape it on the side or front of your desk.

A list goes home with the names of all the students in the class. Everybody was to receive a valentine. You chose your valentine cards very carefully so the wrong person doesn't get the wrong idea that maybe you "like" them.

The teacher tells you when you can distribute and then everybody gets up and wanders around delivering their cards. Some had suckers attached. It was a wonderful day. I always felt very loved and liked on that day.

So to all you bloggers, my valentines card to you would say...


"Happy Valentines Day!
I love you AND like you a lot!"


"For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16 NLT


4 comments:

Thurman8er said...

I liked Valentine's Day too when we were kids...but I was never crazy about filling out all the cards.

I had a webdinger of a time reading that, but it was worth it.

Happy V-Day. See you in a couple of hours.

Karen said...

I wish I was as into Valentine's Day now as I was as a kid. It was fun picking out the right sentiment for each person in the classroom.

Thurman8er said...

A Mac??? Perish the thought!

No, we just didn't have the font Sandra used on our computer so it showed up as webdings. I figured she did it on purpose to show how creative she is. And smart. And sweet. Like her son. Not navy material at all.

cwinwc said...

I thought I needed to change my glasses!

It's been great to get to know you, the fam, and all of our fellow bloggers.

Blog Archive