Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Wednesday is typically a very long day. It's the day I finish the order of worship and get it emailed to all participants, elders, and bulletin editor. Copy all the music, put it together in bound books for the Praise Team, and rehearse with them during class time this evening. I usually have to "ride the wave" on Wednesday. It doesn't matter what I have planned, things usually don't go like I expect. I'm learning to accept that.

Today, I had an outside appointment, which I try to avoid at all costs, but couldn't avoid today. When I finished at about 12:30, my stomach said to eat but my brain said I don't have time. I called to chat with my husband as I was driving and we decided to meet somewhere for a quick lunch. After a lengthy discussion of where that somewhere would be, we ended up at Burger King.

I'm more of a
"sit-down-and-bring-me-my-food-in-the-quiet-calm-dimly-lit-place"
kind of person.

But, for today, Burger King it is.

So, we're sitting there eating our Whopper's with fries (very healthy) and all of a sudden, a million kids start pouring into the place. Middle school type kids. Goofy, loud, laughing, having a blast, kids.

I tend to shrink in situations like this if I'm particularly busy and feeling overwhelmed anyway, but not Lex. He thrives in this atmosphere.

The young lady (the 13 year old) who was baptized Sunday saw him and with a bright beautiful smile said, "Hey! Hi!"

Lex responded with the same kind of enthusiasm and then looked at me and said,
"Aren't you glad we came here?"

He's so weird.

So, what do you prefer? Sit down or Fast food?

5 comments:

cwinwc said...

Sit down as long as Greg doesn't ask me to share my cheesecake from the CheeseCake Factory!
brqytg (term for a person who would dare ask for someone to share their (Vanilla Bean) cheesecake.)

Thurman8er said...

I would 100 times rather be sitting down in a quiet place to eat. But don't underestimate the allure of an actual kitchen!

cwinwc said...

For some it's hard to drive by a natural, still intact kitchen.
rhxfr (Retardant type substance used to restrain motor vehicles from the insides of kitchens.)

Brady said...

Sit down.

Randy, I'm paying.

I love it when we have the table all evening. Then we can eat all the fuaui we want.

cwinwc said...

Sandra must be busy doing jpgzq?

Blog Archive