Wednesday, November 09, 2005

My husband had a regularly scheduled check-up today...the Dr. asked him what his secret was...How do you actually stay alive and not stroke out with blood pressure this high? Heh, heh, funny Dr. The Dr assumed he was still on his blood pressure medication...he's not. He quit taking it.

"Why did you stop taking your medicine"
"Because I felt better"

I'm counting on all you out there to comment on that because although he rarely comments on my blog, he reads it faithfully. So, obviously he doesn't listen to his wife who says, "you feel better because you're on medication, you big doofus!" Maybe he'll listen to you all.

I was thinking about how I really am like that, though. I do things out of desperation...pray, call on God, look to the Word, etc when things are lousy. When I've hit bottom or been discouraged or scared...that's when I finally think of calling on God. Obviously, I am unable to solve this particular dilemma, so, I'd better check with the Master. Doofus.

Fortunately, through time and maturity, those moments come fewer and fewer. My personal walk with God continues to strengthen and grow as I do. But, I still find myself putting off what I should do sometimes because I feel pretty good. Things are going well, and I'm not in any situation that needs immediate attention. So, I'll work on that.

Don't be too hard on Lex, but feel free to get after him just a little bit.

3 comments:

cwinwc said...

Lex - I don't know you from Steve, I mean "Adam" but you seem like a great guy.
So great guy, your family and your wife needs you to hang around for a while.
I know how you feel about taking medication. I've been taking meds since I was in 10th grade and I'm 47 now. But as our preacher so often says to our church family, "It isn't about me." So my brother, take it from an east coast brother - do what the doctors says - take your meds and hang around a little longer with what seems like a great family.
ekjjjyus (ancient phrase ancient doctors would utter when they found out their patients stopped taking their meds)

Thurman8er said...

Lex, buddy, we're getting old.

Sucks, don't it?

I love you guys. I'm sorry I didn't call yesterday. I was, no kidding, about to before the guy showed up to board up the house. I forgot that you guys watch the morning news.

Brady said...

Lex:

Take care of your bod' and do what the doctor says if you trust him. We're counting on you.

Blog Archive