Tuesday, March 29, 2005

There's something nice and comfortable about getting back in the routine of things.

As much as we love vacations, breaks, holidays etc...it's always good to return to the order of life.

Spring break is over and my son walked out this morning earlier than he's been awake all week to head for the bus stop...counting the weeks to summer break.

Ashley is still in New York and I will be so glad to have her back home. I miss her. Her Dad said last night how quiet and still the house has been...and clean. She's an electric, energetic, somewhat messy young lady. We really miss that. She called Sunday and reported to us the places she'd been and seen. But yesterday, no contact. I thought about calling her, but decided I'd let her call when she's ready. I know they were in rehearsals all day and then playing last night at Carnegie Hall. So, I'm sure with the time difference, communication with the West Coast was more difficult than previous days.

My family was joking with me about my little "heart episode" Friday night...they think I'm like E.T. Remember what happened when E.T. and the young boy were separated? Not good. Ashley and I are very much "connected" and they decided my heart was breaking because of her absence. I don't think so...but I will be glad to get her home. (I mentioned that already.)

Worship committee meeting this morning...hoping for some inspiration and presence of God. I seem to be low on "ideas".

So with my pointer finger in the air I'll end by saying..."Ashley...phone home" :)

1 comment:

Thurman8er said...

I love you.

I'll be talking to Doug later about the worship meeting, dates for speaking, etc.

It IS nice to be back, isn't it?

Blog Archive