Friday, March 04, 2005

Friday...

It's been almost a week since I've written anything for a couple of reasons.

First, I want this to be a positive blog...some place you can come and feel better when you leave. BUT, I still feel lousy, my throat won't give up whatever evil thing has hold of it, and I can't talk very well, much less sing.

Those of you who sing know how discouraging that is. I guess it could be compared to almost anything else...a runner who broke a leg, a concert pianist with a broken thumb, etc etc. What I do know is that not feeling 100% is so very discouraging. So, I didn't want to pass my discouraged heart on to you.

Second, I've been very worried this week about a gang situation at my son's school. They have fights often, but this one was big and ugly and hasn't ended yet. It frustrates me that my son has fear while trying to attend school and do his best. It scares me that we're not talking fists or words (although those can be very damaging), but guns and knives. I watch him walk down the side walk of our house to the bus stop every morning and feel like I'm sending him into a war zone. Many prayers are being offered for his safety, as well as the safety of the rest of the students and teachers trying just to do their very best every day. I would appreciate you lifting that school and those precious children to the Father...protection, protection, protection.

Soooo...why did I decide to write today although I don't "feel" good and happy and positive?

Psalm 78:52
But He led his own people like a flock of sheep, guiding them safely through the wilderness.

Isaiah 40:11
He will feed his flock like a shepherd. He will carry the lambs in his arms, holding them close to his heart.

I thought maybe someone out there might be where I am. Kind of low...maybe in your own wilderness of health, relationship, financial, or spiritual issues.

The thought of the Shepherd carrying my lamb (Avery) close to his heart makes me cry with relief and gratefulness. I have a new picture for my brain as he walks away from the safety of home toward the bus stop.

The Shepherd and his Lamb.

It is so good to know Jesus. I hope you've been encouraged today.


2 comments:

Generous Kitchen said...

I'm sorry I made you cry...but everybody knows your just a huge mush of a heart. Did you notice the time of your post?

Sandra

Thurman8er said...

How totally NOT unusual that I was thinking about shepherding today.

I'm glad you took the time to write this down. We all go through those times. I remember times when my school was going through what Edison is going through right now and I didn't want to go to work! I remember being on yard duty and having a gun pointed in my direction. It's just scary sometimes...but nice to know that we are safe within His arms.

Hey, wanna go see Leonard Nimoy tomorrow? I know I do. I'll call you tonight.

Blog Archive