Wednesday, March 30, 2005

My girl comes home tonight...

She's in the air as I type this. I hope the flight is smooth and that they all get some rest on the long flight from New York to San Francisco. They will drive home this evening from S.F. and her Dad will be there to pick her up at school.

I'll be in rehearsal for Sunday. But you can know one thing for sure, their first stop will be my office...rehearsal can wait. I'll be hugging that sweet little neck.

For those of you who plan worship, do you ever wonder as you look at a blank page, "how in the world am I ever going to pull this one together?" No ideas, no special thoughts, empty, blank.

Then, you look back and suddenly there's a whole page of cool stuff. You know in your head that God is the author of what happens, but it's always nice when He gives us absolute-without-a-doubt evidence that He's still in charge.

So...as I go to finish up this order for Sunday, and wait anxiously to see my sweet girl tonight, I just thought I'd remind you, as He has reminded me today...He has it all under control.

Whew! What a relief...

3 comments:

Thurman8er said...

Robin and Lynn were over last night. I asked them if they knew what Ashley was doing.

I saw Donna at work today. I asked her if she knew what Ashley was doing.

These are just the most recent two examples of my relentless bragging about my niece. It's almost as though I had something to do with it. I am just SO proud of her!

Generous Kitchen said...

It takes a village...a church...a family...right?

We can't take the credit for our kids goodness. Too many people have influenced them with grace and poise and Godliness.

What a blessing! (who's Donna?)

Thurman8er said...

Oh...sorry...Donna Metzler. She knows Ashley and Avery because her kids used to play softball with them or something.

Blog Archive