Sunday, February 27, 2005

SUNDAY

I am thinking about how very blessed I am today.

I have a wonderful relationship with the people I get to work with every day. We sat around our "lunch meeting" today just basking in what God is doing in and through the church in Fresno. Watching it, Guiding it, Experiencing it...What an honor!

After barely recovering from the flu, I crawled up on stage this morning to help lead worship.

I did what any really good over-paid pop star is doing these days...I lip-synched! Only during the very low songs did I actually get to participate...low songs with only a 5 note range.

I commented to one of my co-workers that it's amazing how I felt that what I "turned in" this week as far as a worship order goes, was, in my opinion, empty...kind of a shell of a worship. I drew from the past and did what was easiest because my health didn't allow any thing else this week. Today was beautiful. God was all over it...He continues to show me that with prayer and honesty and dedication to the over all plan, He will take it and make it amazing...because He is amazing.

So...church is over...my worship committee meeting is over...and I'm home. I walk in the door and check on my family. My daughter follows me into my room and lays on the bed to talk to me about "stuff"...soon my son follows and finally, Lex is there with us. We all laid on the bed and just talked and I thought...thank you God for two wonderful teenagers that want to hang around and talk to their parents.

Finally...I come in here to blog my thoughts. I type "www" and up pops www.hotbodies.net. My heart sinks...no no no I think...don't let this junk creep into my family. I sit and look at the address for a minute or two then slowly, with a grimaced face, eyes looking away, click on the address...up pops a site for RC Car Bodies. THANK YOU JESUS! I was so relieved...I started laughing and tried to tell my son about this funny thing that had just happened. He didn't laugh...he was just offended (once I explained to him that "hot bodies" could have meant women). He's such a good soul.

I am blessed.

1 comment:

Thurman8er said...

Your kids crack me up. God bless 'em.

Hey, I was wondering why I couldn't hear you sing on Sunday. And was Jack's mic cranked way up...or was he??? Wow! It really sounded great this week. Nice to have people around who can pick it up when we just can't.