Wednesday, September 24, 2008

A Good Cure for a Bad Day


Web Site Counter


Today was one of those "3 steps forward, 2 steps back" kind of days.

I did everything the same, for the most part, but the day was frustrating. And it's far from being over.

As I was driving BACK to the place I had just left because I realized I had left my cell phone there, I drove by a Baskin Robbins. I don't know if Baskin Robbins is nationwide so let me explain...

Ice Cream. Very good Ice Cream.

I never, well, very rarely, go into a Baskin Robbins. Usually, it's to get an Ice Cream Cake. But, I believe this was the first time I had gone into one all by myself with no other reason but to ease my pain of a day.

O.K. Dr Phil, go ahead and analyze me. Yes, I use food to soothe myself. So shoot me.

"Yes, can I have a large mint chip milkshake, please." (and "fast" was what I wanted to tag on the end of my request!)

The girl looked at me and said, "a large?"

"Yes...please" (I can't not say please...[sorry Wendy])

"O.K." she said in a tone that meant I didn't know what I was talking about.

Her back was to me for a few minutes and then she produced the most beautiful, largest bunch of mint chip in a glass I'd ever seen. I heard angels sing. LOUD! AND ON PITCH!!

I'm back at work. I've re-binded 20 books of music that had been bound wrong, retrieved my cell phone, and have sipped lovingly at my beautiful milkshake.

Things are looking up!

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

I'm with you - I think a Mint Chocolate Chip milkshake is an absolutely perfect way to improve a day. Wish I was there with my own straw...

Brady said...

That is sooooo scary.

Angels singing? Really?

cwinwc said...

Oh wow, are kindred spirits. That would have been my choice as well! I would tell Dr. Phil to get his own shake. He's probably a (no offense meant out there in blog land) a "vanilla shake" guy.