Monday, September 22, 2008

How to Help

Web Site Counter
Have you ever griped and griped about something, particularly to a family member, and been discouraged and obsessively focused on an issue that really isn't something you can change, no matter how much you nag about it?

And then, as if some big light came shooting out of the sky and slapped you upside the head you realize you are part of the problem?

I'm grateful for big lights slapping me upside the head...and I'm taking a new approach to all things frustrating. Encourage instead of Criticize. Be Thankful instead of Complain. Support instead of Tear Down.

I'll let you know how it works. My guess is, I'll be happier, and so will the people who come in contact with me.

Ephesians 3:16-19
I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the Lord's people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge -- that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.

Blessings!

1 comment:

cwinwc said...

You are so right for the only people we have any power over is ourselves.