Wednesday, October 31, 2007

She Made It!

My baby girl called tonight to let us know she is (finally) a full member of the Ko Jo Kai service club. She has been pledging and going through initiations for what seems to be an eternity. I'm not sure how you can possibly keep your grades up while going through all the "stuff" they had to do, but I'll just trust she did...or has enough time to fix it before semester end.

Her dad and I got to write a "blessing" letter for her. This was a surprise to her and given to her tonight as part of a gift. What a wonderful experience.

I would like to propose that we write letters to those we love deeply. What a treasure to have something like that. To have people tell you what they appreciate and love about you. How you have impacted them and what they admire about you.

I did have to completely re-apply the make-up for the day after writing her letter, but it was such a good experience for me.

Maybe we could all take the time to sit down and share on paper how valuable someone is to us.

Blessings!

3 comments:

cwinwc said...

My Bible is stuffed with letters of encouragement and cards.

Brandon Scott Thomas said...

Great idea!!

Years ago, a woman named Sandra entered my life and ZOE world. Over those years she has been confidant, friend, encourager, fixer, healer, care giver, sister, co-worker, and co-laugher! HA! :) My life has been blessed by my friendship with you and Lex. You are family to me. I can't imagine not knowing you. I love you dearly, friend!
BST

julie said...

Sandra, I love seeing your girl here. The first night of club meetings when the NuNus were pledging Heather, Diane, Chris, Lucy and I got stuck on the stairs while they led the NuNus by us blindfolded. We were giggling and making faces at each other and trying not to let Ashley and others we knew know that it was us beside them. So much fun and there were so many of them. Chris looked at me and said...how many are there and how long are we going to be stuck here? So funny. I am glad that she is loving club...but I did tell her she could've been a Siggie.