Monday, October 29, 2007

Football

My husband is very easy to please. Not demanding. Always wanting to make sure those around him (particularly his kids) are happy.

So, when daughter has friends over, she gets the front room T.V. to watch movies with them. When son wanted to watch his Discovery Channel shows, front room T.V.

However, it's just me now, with Lex, and the truth is, I record anything I want to watch and so whatever he wants to watch is fine with me.

Football, (pro and college, but particularly college), baseball, Nascar. I've seen more games and races in recent months than I have in my whole life combined! The truth is, I've learned quite a lot and have been enjoying the experience.

Friday night, our Fresno State football neighbors gave us two tickets to sit in the parent section of the FSU vs. BSU game. Big game. Stadium was packed. It's different watching a game where you know players. It's a little more personal. It was difficult for me to watch those boys get hit. (Of course, they did some hitting of their own!)

Now, as of last night, baseball season is over for now. Is there something else to take it's place, or am I just left with Nascar and Football?

Blessings...

4 comments:

cwinwc said...

Of course there is Sandra - you have professional and college basketball to look forward to!

Brady said...

What with baseball over, I will spend less time on the web. Baseball makes me spend way too much time reading about the Giants…

Nascar? You sound like Lee.

Mayor of Blakersfield said...

Don't forget about hockey. You and Lex should go out to a Falcons game one night...or two. :)

I went to the game too. I had a blast with the only exception being how the game ended. We will get them next time though. :)

Go Bulldogs and Falcons!!!

Unknown said...

We watched the game on the tele but didn't see you! Maybe if Lex would have streaked across the field or something . . .