Monday, October 08, 2007

Fellowship

The ZOE weekend in Nashville was wonderful.

Great speaking. Listened to a new speaker (new to me) and thought he had a beautiful gift of preaching.

Roof raising singing. Thoughtful lyrics...some wonderful new songs to pass on to the folks here in Fresno.

Great class sessions (I heard, but wasn't able to attend due to my personal "job" for the weekend).

But truly, the very best part of the conference, after 10 years of attending, is seeing the folks who I don't get to see often. It's such a beautiful part of the gathering...watching people see each other from across the foyer, the auditorium, the parking lot...yelling out to one another and rushing to grab a hug and catch up on life's happenings.

I was blessed to see my children. They were flown in to handle various jobs/tasks...and did a most excellent job, if I may say!

So, I guess, if the best part of the conference was the fellowship, the worst part, probably would be the moment in the Dallas airport when my husband and I went one direction to catch our plane to Fresno, and the kids went the opposite direction to catch their plane to Abilene. But even that wasn't too bad, because with my children were three of the most amazing people I know who happen to live in Abilene and love my kids. And, I know if my children need anything, they can call on these or any other number of people at ACU.

The family of God is a priceless gift that I am truly thankful for.

2 comments:

Jordan said...

Sounds very, very encouraging.

I hate those airport goodbyes…

Mayor of Blakersfield said...

Welcome Back! I look forward to be introduced to what you learned and the new songs.

Saying good-bye is never easy, that is the worst part of a trip.