Sunday, October 14, 2007

Moving Music

I listened to a concert on DVD by one of my very favorite groups ever...


I know you probably expect something worship-like or christian-eze, and although there are numerous songs and artists I enjoy in that realm of music, I do believe my favorite all time group is the Eagles.


My big brother brought over their Farewell Concert I last night and we watched and listened as those amazingly talented boys played and played.


Good music, I mean really good music, can bring me to tears.


I'm the same girl who at a very young age, ran out of the room crying as we watched the ending to Cinderella on our T.V. My mom came to see what was wrong and all I could say through sobs and tears was that "her dress was so pretty", but now, I know it was a combination of the dress, yes, but even more potent for me was the amazing music that played in the background.


I am likely to have a tear or two at a beautiful symphony. I cried at Josh Grobin when he sang "You Raise Me Up". I cried when our children at church sang "What a Friend We Have in Jesus". That's just a sampling of what touches me deeply.


But if you get the chance, listen to those Eagles sing "There's a Hole in the World Tonight" written on the eve of September 11. The harmonies are absolutely amazing. Tight, Crisp, Beautiful. And the key change...oh my goodness, the key change!


http://eagles-there-039-s-a-hole-in-the-world-t-mp3-download.kohit.net/_/175194




Pass the tissues please!

3 comments:

cwinwc said...

I'm a "7 Bridges Road" kind of guy.

Unknown said...

I have the DVD and greatly enjoy it. I'd like to have one or two of the guitars. I mean they change every song it's not like they would miss one.

Brady said...

I'll give it a listen.

Music hasn't been a big part of my life for a long time. I sing some, but it's not the same as before. It often still moves me, but I don't take the time to really listen like before…

To do…