Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Today, in fact, as I write this, my daughter is in the air coming home. She will arrive in Fresno at 12:40 and I will be there to welcome her.

I will hug her, and smell her, and kiss her, and squeeze her, and tell her how wonderful it is to see her.

We have cleaned the house, put fresh flowers in her room, changed her bed, and put a one of her favorite magazines on the night stand.

We can't wait to see her.

So, I've said this before, but I can't help but wonder if God is as excited to welcome us home. Or if His desire to see us come home is off the charts compared to mine...(my human mind can't quite wrap around Him being any more excited to see me than I am to see her today).

I'm so glad my girl is excited to come home...wouldn't it be terrible if your kids didn't really want to come back?

My Dad used to long for heaven and I thought he was just goofy...almost made us feel bad because of his great desire to leave this earth and join God.

I wonder, though, if he didn't have a better handle on it than I.

All I know for today is that I can't wait to get my hands on her.

May you all feel blessed and loved...and may your hearts overflow with thankfulness!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome home Ashley!
Didn't someone just talk about home on Sunday??!!
Home is good!
I have always wondered who I will know in Heaven. Also, who will know me? It is an interesting concept to think that God will drop everything to welcome ME! (Not that he has to drop anything)
Enjoy your Thanksgiving!
From Shane Mason
AKA-Still working through Wednesday.

Brady said...

I never went home for Thanksgiving, but always for Christmas and once at Easter. Then poor mom and dad had to put up with me going out to be with friends and heading to the mountains with a college buddy. That must have been tough, wanting to be with but having to share…

Happy Thanksgiving.

Blog Archive