Thursday, November 30, 2006


There are many things on my list of "things to do before I die..."

Travel, write (books and songs), photograph, love more, etc etc.

One thing that is not on my list, and probably will never be, is sailing. Going out on a boat in the middle of the ocean using some triangle sheets and the wind to create my security is not my idea of fun...or even adventure. It just sounds crazy.

So, when I tell you that there are Sundays that feel like that, do you understand me? Oh, sure, it looks like I'm on the ground floor singing or praying or listening...but in my mind, I'm on the open ocean with no land in sight and some triangle sheets.

This Sunday will be on of those days. No fault of anybody, I just don't have the normal "control" over the day.

Here's the thing that might surprise you...I'm learning to like those days more than the typical Sunday.

God shows Himself to me more on the open sea than on the dry, safe land.

So, instead of dreading the time, I'm looking forward to it...God really is the Master of the Sea...I just need to step out there more often so He can demonstrate His amazing self to me.

Blessings for a wonderful weekend, bloggers.

3 comments:

Thurman8er said...

We won't be there on Sunday, but I'll be praying. And I'm sure you're right...God will do what He will do.

Still, you've got it lined up well. And Dan will do a great job. No triangle sheets necessary.

I don't think they're really triangles. I think they're just drawn that way.

Brady said...

Harvest day Sunday, my favorite Sunday of the year.

Make sure Steve sends in his pledge.

Really.

Thurman8er said...

I skipped church so I wouldn't have to pledge this year. I know Brady will understand.

Blog Archive