Tuesday, November 14, 2006

...But...I'm so Comfortable!

Has the Lord ever put something on your heart in such a way that you can't ignore it?

Well, you can, but really, you can't. I mean, you can turn away, act busy, fake distraction...whatever you need to do, but whatever you do...it just keeps coming back?

I'm there. Been there for a while. Already turned away, acted busy, faked distraction...

I'm still there...and He's still there. I love where I'm at. I'm comfortable. Not too busy, not bored...just right. Very comfortable. Hhmmm...God has other plans...

So, sweet friends, pray for me...and I will pray for you...that you, too, will find discomfort in your comfort.

Blessings...

2 comments:

Brady said...

Hey girl: I find that talking these things over with people who will be affected by these decisions is helpful to discern the will of God. Paul and Silas received their guidance while praying with the elders and leaders of the local church. Paul, even though he had had a dream calling him to Macedonia, talked it over with his mission colleagues before heading (with them) to Philippi. And he had received some pretty definite leading.

Too often we make decisions, I mean, the decisions are really already made, before we talk to folks about them. Then we just tell folks what we've decided. Why do we do it like that?

I pray that God guides you. Much love from over here.

cwinwc said...

I think Paul wrote about similar struggles in Rom.7. Gives me hope when I know he often did some of the same things you mentioned.

Blog Archive