Monday, November 06, 2006

FILM FEST 2006

One of the things I'm most impressed about with ACU is the way they empower, teach, show possible the concept of taking your Christianity to the world in practical ways.

You don't have to be a teacher or preacher of the Word to have an impact in society for Jesus Christ. You just have to live your faith...in all arenas.




This weekend was another example of that as they put on the Film Festival allowing students to stretch and grow as writers, producers, directors, and actors of films they had created.

I don't know the whole scope of the "FilmFest" time. I know I am unaware of the complexity of the concept and the vision of those who have worked so hard to develop this idea. But I do know my daughter was impressed with the quality of work and the excitement that surrounded the great formal evening.

Our friend, Brandon, was a judge. Ashley loved seeing him. This community of believers we belong to is such a tremendous blessing. Seeing Brandon is like seeing family. It felt good.

As an adopted person, I've always seen family as something larger than the blood relative concept. It has made my Christian walk deeper...my relationships sweeter.

So, today I'm thankful for a place my daughter can grow and learn and develop into a powerful servant in the Kingdom of God...and, I'm thankful for all of you...those who love me and my family because of the common love for Jesus Christ. Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

cwinwc said...

We're on the "other end" of "adoption" having adopted our son. As an adoptive parent this process has broaden my understanding of "family" as well.

Thanks for the post.

Brady said...

The neat thing about the Christian family is that God does the adopting, not us. And the adopted one goes from not having a family to having one! So cool.

Thurman8er said...

Could I be more proud of that girl?

Wait, let me check.

Nope.

Katherine said...

Your daughter looked beautiful on Friday-I love having her here!! :)

As another adopted person-I know exactly what you mean, my family network extends WAY beyond the boundaries of blood, and it just keeps growing-I LOVE it!!

Blessings on you~

Blog Archive