Thursday, May 18, 2006

Scripture


I love so many things about scripture...

I love the fact that the more I read and study, the less I know.

I love the idea that it is an eternal well that never runs dry...always there to quench my thirsty soul...to speak to me in a new and different way than the time before.

I love the excitement of the Old Testament. The God who actually spoke to people. What would that have been like? How exciting is that!?

I love the weaving of my Savior all through the Old Testament until, finally, we get to meet him face to face in the New Testament.

I love reading about people dedicated to their God and to Jesus Christ. People who would give their life before they would ever turn their back on what they believed to be true.

All these things I love, and many more.

But I think the most amazing thing to me is the way those ancient words relate to me...today...in 2006.

And today, their are two verses that I am basking in...

Psalm 71:5
O Lord, you alone are my hope. I've trusted you, O Lord, from childhood.

Psalm 16:1
Keep me safe, O God, for I have come to you for refuge.

What a blessing, in these days of change and uncertainty to have this to rest on.
God is my refuge...my hope. He is my net when I'm on the high wire.
He receives my full trust, because, just as in scripture, He has never, ever failed me.


And...bloggers, He will never fail you...ever.

4 comments:

Bill Williams said...

Beautiful, God-honoring thoughts! My day has been enriched because I “happened” to come across your blog.

“I pray that the LORD will bless and protect you, and that he will show you mercy and kindness. May the LORD be good to you and give you peace." –Numbers 6:24-26 (Contemporary English Version)

cwinwc said...

Great verses in light of some of us facing graduations / weddings / kids getting older / and the like.

Thurman8er said...

Sounds like Greg is trying to help me decide whether to teach that Wednesday night class.

There's an old saying: You can never stand in the same stream twice. That's how I feel about scripture.

Brady said...

This one got me yesterday:
I delight to do your will, O my God;
Your law is within my heart (40.8).

Blog Archive