Friday, May 05, 2006

I took yesterday off and enjoyed doing...absolutely...nothing!

Don't tell my husband. He's working hard in Malibu, bless his heart!

Lex comes home today but informed me last night he's headed straight to the "shop" because they have their first "Friday Night Event" of the summer. He feels he needs to be there, so once again, I lose to the motorcycles.

Avery is having a very good time in Huntsville. He had lunch yesterday with the pilot of the next Space Shuttle. wow...I really wouldn't even know how to converse with the guy. They launch tomorrow, so when you get a chance, maybe you could pray for safety and success for the team.

Ashley has had two AP tests and a college level Geology Final this week. Whew! What a week for her! She's quite a girl.

I've done a couple of things I've never done before. Emptied the garbage from the house, took the cans to the street for pick-up, lost the dog in the process (I'm an amateur), and then brought the cans back up the next day. It was amazing as I was doing it that I realized I had never had to do it before. Never. At least now we know I can! (The dog came back as soon as he finished his little journey around the block.)

It's been very clear to me recently how very blessed we all are to have relationship with each other through the Father. It amazes me to think about dropping my daughter off in another state and have full assurance and peace that she will not only be just fine, but really have a chance to grow and become something wonderful for the Kingdom of God. Not just because of her efforts, but because of all the people who already know and love her and are willing to help develop and support her. Not to mention the ones she's yet to meet.

It's been wonderful for Lex to be at Pepperdine and have time with the "guys". He doesn't get a chance to do stuff like that at home. But what a blessing to have a group of people he can call on if he needed somebody to pray with him and/or for him. Through blogging, through Pepperdine, through ZOE, through church...what an enormous blessing it is to be connected.

Blessings to you all in Pepperdine as you finish up your week and get ready to travel home. I hope you're filled up and overflowing!

Blessings to those of you who are traveling home from other places. (NASA and Georgia in particular)

Blessings to those of you who stayed home this week and just kept doing what you do in beautiful service to your family and God.

5 comments:

Steve Puckett said...

Sandra Jean,

I am a friend of Greg's and Cecil's. I preach for a chuch in Florida.


here


I live near Cape Canaveral. Does your son work for NASA? The next shuttle launch is supposed to be in July down here.

Peace

Steve Puckett said...

oops excuse my HTML error.


Melbourne Church

Steve Puckett said...

Sandra Jean,

I will get it right eventually.


Melbourne Church

Thurman8er said...

We're thinking of those kids this week. I couldn't get my mind off the AP test all the way here. You spend that long working for something...

I'll be thinking of you during churchtime Sunday as well.

A bunch of people went to Paula Deen's restaurant today and cooked with her. We didn't sign up for it because when they had sign-ups, we didn't know who she was. Oh well. We had fun anyway.

cwinwc said...

It was great to have dinner with Lex and get to know him a little better.

Blog Archive