Monday, May 15, 2006

It's Monday!
Tell me what Monday means to you.
Is it a welcome day after a long hectic weekend?
Is it a time to rest?
Is it a jump back on to the 'ole hamster wheel?

I've said this before, but I used to despise Monday.
I didn't hate school, but would have rather been home.
So, Sunday night, I would feel the anxiety of Monday.
It would actually ruin my Sunday night because Monday was so close around the corner.

I love Monday's.

I love the fact that nothing is due or pressing for me.

I love the fact that I have flexibility on my job, so if the laundry is piled up after a long weekend, or dishes are in the sink, I can take some extra time at home and finish up my duties there.

I love coming into the office and cleaning the coffee pot from the day before.

I love thinking about the time spent just 24 hours earlier in that room praying, laughing, singing, worshiping together before heading out to the auditorium.

I bask in the goodness of God as I think about the day before, as He always, and I do mean always, shows Himself somehow in a way I didn't expect on Sunday.

So, Monday? Bring it on.
For me, it's a great day.

Blessings

4 comments:

Thurman8er said...

Monday has also become a day to get back in touch with my fellow bloggers after a weekend off. That may sound like I'm sucking up, but you know me better than that. I really look forward to finding out what happened in everyone's home church, or just in their life in general, over the weekend.

Plus, it's almost summertime.

Generous Kitchen said...

Nice picture, Steve. Didn't I take that one of you?

cwinwc said...

I had the same kind of ruin my Sunday nights / dread Mondays for a in my life.

Steve makes a great point. All of you have really become important to me so I do look forward to Mondays to renew the blogging.

Speaking of Steve - can anyone remember the Green Latern's "power pledge" for lack of a better phrase.

Brady said...

I'm good at carrying out the good resolutions I made during the weekend for about one day, i.e., Monday. So it's often my most productive day.

Your really "love" cleaning out yesterday's coffee pot?

Blog Archive