Thursday, May 04, 2006

Had an Elder walk by me last night at church and say with a little twinkle in his eye, "read your blog today".

Great. The one time I let a little frustration out regarding a church process and result, he reads my blog. The only thing I could think to say was, "at least I didn't say anything about the Elders, right?"

Had another person stop me last night and tell me they were going to shake down their second grade class last night to raise money for my salary...that way the church could pay for me as well as that Saturday advertising! Funny people.

I'm glad we can have a sense of humor about some things. So far, the class has raised $3.50. It looks like I'm getting a raise! (couldn't resist...sorry, Elder, if you chose to read again.)

On a lighter note, here are some pics from recent happenings...

Ashley with her very good friend and horn partner, Chris, at their final concert. This boy is a precious part of our family.

The Quartet at their final vocal concert

Ashley with Daddy before Prom.
Ashley with friends before Prom. Beautiful girls.

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

cwinwc said...

Sandra – I met Lex today. What a great guy. I felt like Lex had known me for years as he spoke about you and your children. It was the highlight of my morning.

About the survey at your church and with all due respect to the “Committee” – Rule #1 – Never, never, never accept any surveys with comments that are unsigned. I know it’s tough but please disregard the comments you mentioned from the unsigned surveys. It has been my experience that people will be far more negative and down right (good southern word) mean spirited when they are allowed to comment with anonymity.

For what it is worth you and all ministers have my utmost respect and admiration. Please know that you have support from the “east coast.”

Great pics of the family by the way. Hang in there.

Brady said...

Ah, those elders. Can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em.

You never know who's lurking.

You hang in there, Brady

Blog Archive