Tuesday, May 31, 2005

A TRUE DAY OFF!!

Lex has not had a day off since March...working 7 days a week, either at his regular job, or at the motorcycle shop. He does it with a smile and a happy heart. Really...he does. He works at his regular job from 5 in the morning until 1:30, then goes to "the shop" from 3:00 - 6:00 and then all day Saturday and Sunday. (they let him come in after church on Sunday)

It always amazes me that he can work non-stop and not complain or appear tired or ragged because of his schedule. He has truly mastered the art of having a joyful spirit and a happy heart in all things.

Lex is such a blessing to so many people. He is a wonderful husband, a precious father, and an amazing, animated, Godly teacher to the Kindergarten - 5th grade every Sunday morning. Not to mention one of the best sound technicians in the world! (He is also "salesman of the month" for the second month in a row!! Go baby, Go!)

So, yesterday, he dressed and left to sell motorcycles. I was sorry to see him go because the kids and I were home, but off he went. He came back about 30 minutes later because they had neglected to tell him the shop was closed! So, without actually taking a day off (which would make him feel guilty), God provided a rest for him. Finally!!

I know some of you are school teachers, or ministers or missionaries or mothers working in a job that squeezes every ounce from your spirit without giving much back...and I just want to encourage you to hang in there. God is using you and your rest will come.

And when it does...oooh it's delicious!

Psalm 91...
He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the Lord, "He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust."

1 comment:

Brandon Scott Thomas said...

what a great word. I need to schedule more sabbath time in. good reminder here sandra "jean". :)

Blog Archive