Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Tomorrow is the program...

We've practiced, rehearsed, laughed, felt scared, and then practiced again. There's actually a point where you can rehearse them too much! I'm close to that. You have to rehearse them so that their very best moment is the one in front of people.

This is one of those times when I don't want to be noticed. (That rarely happens ;)

Those kids have worked very hard. We have 31 children with solo speaking or singing parts. That's a recipe for great success or absolute disaster! We'll see.

The truth is, it doesn't matter how many times we rehearse, that night will be different. The building is full of excited, proud parents. The kids are nervous...the teachers are feeling bittersweet because it's almost time to let go of the charges they've had all year and send them on to the next grade.

I can tell you that of all the performances I have, or worship times I'm involved in, this is the most nerve shattering thing I do all year. When you look at those kids, you know they are tender, sweet, a little unsettled, and sometimes very self-conscious.

What I want for those kids is success.

Absolute, unbelievable, best you've ever done...SUCCESS!

So, if you have time, pray for tomorrow night. Their hearts are so good...I want them to be filled with pride in the job they do.

One of my favorite parts of the program is the song "He Reigns"...you may have heard it on Christian radio...but when they sing, "All God's children singing Glory, Glory...Hallelujah, He reigns! He Reigns!" it brings chills and tears. It's beautiful...they're beautiful.

I'm afraid the hit of the night will be the Pre-School...how can you top "Take Me Out to the Ballgame?"

No comments:

Blog Archive