Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Psalm 33:13-15

"The Lord looks down from heaven and sees the whole human race. From his throne he observes all who live on the earth. He made their hearts, so he understands everything they do."

Watching the news can be discouraging. I find myself asking "why?!?" an awful lot. So much doesn't make sense to me. The anger, the destruction, the sadness, the harm done to one another. But then, I open my Bible and because I rest in the book of Psalm quite often, there is a page loose, close to coming out. That page wiggled its way out today and I found the verse above.

I don't need to know why. I can't fix the world. But, I can pray to have the heart of God so that I see people the way God does. I'm not God. I won't ever understand everything, as He does. I can just keep trying and rest in the fact that God does know...God does understand...God does love.

Blessings.

1 comment:

Micah Foster said...

nice to see you guys the other night...even if for a moment...